If you can’t find a pomelo, substitute with pink grapefruit.
A pomelo is the best cause it’s huge but really light in weight. And then when you open it, it’s beautifully pink (although, I found out that not all of them are, but what the hell do I know). The one I got for this salad wasn’t very citrusey or very sweet. But still very bright, and a perfect addition to the spicy dressing.
1 pomelo, sectioned
1 small nappa cabbage or iceberg, (you’re looking for a crunchy lettuce)
1 carrot, shredded
chopped fresh mint, basil and/or cilantro (or maybe 2 out of the 3 herbs)
chopped mixed roasted salted nuts
2 tbl rice wine
juice of 1 juicy lime
1 pinch of brown sugar
1 tsp siracha
1 small red onion, finely diced
2 finely diced jalapenos, finely diced and go ahead, leave them seeds
3 tablespoons of canola oil
Mix everything in your dressing but the oil together. Taste and make sure it’s salty or spicy enough for ya. Slowly drizzle the oil while whisking.
Alternatives: Add fish sauce, shallots and not red onion, and less siracha in the dressing.
Recipe Swap – How it works
1. After you make your favorite recipe at home, take a picture of the food.
2. Create a post on Krrb.com named “Recipe Swap – <insert your food name here>.
3. Add a short description, source and of course, the recipe.
4. Add these instructions to the bottom of the post.
5. Tag it “recipe swap”.
6. Post it to ANY CITY IN THE WORLD where you’d like to receive recipes from.
7. Share it on Facebook and post it to Twitter with the tag #krrbrecipeswap
Everyone who participates agrees to share their photos with everyone else who participates under the following Share Alike license on Creative Commons.