Not long after graduating art and design school in Milan Mattia Biagi arrived in Los Angeles. He was immediately impressed by one of the city’s most famous landmarks, the La Brea Tar Pits, which became the influence for his initial body of work in the U.S.
“I was intrigued with tar as a medium and how it illuminates and highlights objects in a very esoteric and ethereal sense.” – Mattia Biagi
The mix of a traditional Italian background with life in America has made quite an impact on his creative process.
In this new body of work, Biagi explores through multi-media forms the desire to make tangible a belief in supernatural causality and its cultural nuances.
By traversing abstract sculpture, video, painting, photography and performance he will investigate human emotional reaction to physical objects that have superstitious associations.
Welcome to the jungle – new gallery of modern art- charlotte (2012)
Storm of life: various locations – los angeles
ca (2011) switzerland (2011)
Scope basel: office dell’immagine -basel
Freedom: la art show – los angeles -ca (2011)
10 years after: officine dell’immagine – milan-italy (2011)
Recognize your spiritual need, rediscover your faith in your religion": holster projects – london (2010)
Panni stessi: red building – los angeles-ca (2009)
“we all are guilty, we all are victims, and i am the first one”: los angeles, ca (2008)
“rose like a phoenix from the ashes”: anna kustera gallery – new york -ny (2008)
Edie and andy: deborah page gallery – santa monica -ca (2007)
Black tar: twentieth art – los angeles -ca (2005)
Selected group exhibitions
Fairy-tales,fantasy,&fear : mint museum uptown- charlotte,nc (2012)
Su nero nero: foundation franz paludetto – rome -italy (2011)
Mysterious objects: santa anna college – santa anna -ca (2011)
B-b-bad: anna kustera gallery – new york -n.Y (2011)
From white to black: castello di rivara – turin -italy (2011)
Art tokyo: berengo gallery -tokyo 2010
Sweet dreams are made of these: holster projects gallery – london -uk (2009)
The black market show: anna kustera gallery – new york -ny (2007)
High and dry, smoke and fog: phantom gallery – beverly hills-ca (2007)
Shippensburg university: shippensburg -pa (2007)
Stephen f. Austin state university: austin – tx (2007)
Harper college: palatine – il (2007)
Red dot: patricia faure gallery -new york – ny (2006)
Patricia faure gallery: santa monica – ca (2006)
Melveny gallery: los angeles -ca (2005
Krrb Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).