I have about 15 hard copies in stock here in Bristol. I’m happy to meetup if anyone fancies a copy. We put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into it and we’re very proud to make it available now. Thanks for looking!
A book by Geoff Hall
Some of the greatest detractors from our work as artists are those who share redemption’s story. “You should quit and get a proper job!” is my favourite. However, between the calling and our release into the public domain comes The Wilderness! It is a journey marked by attrition and disorientation as we struggle to make sense of our calling in a dry and weary land. This is not the end of it, but preparation for the public, cultural domain. The good news is there are guides who can help us navigate the terrain.
“The artist wants to get to the marketplace to participate in the conversation. The theologian wants to control the conversation. The artist wants a free-forming discourse on the plastic horizon. The theologian wants to measure the distance to the horizon and make sure nobody goes beyond it.”
From the editor
The Wilderness and the Desert of the Real is a necessity for the modern spiritual thinking artist. Geoff thoughtfully dives into the unexplored recesses of the artist’s art and the relationship between the spiritual artist and the church, charting previously unpublished territories in this deeply soulful essay.
The Wilderness and the Desert of the Real is Part 1 in the 4-part series Spiritual Direction in a Postmodern Landscape by Geoff Hall.
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9568034-0-5
- 60 pages
- includes notebook section
- bookstore quality print
- Written by Geoff Hall
- Edited by Chris Lorensson
- Cover photo © Mark Hall
- Design & layout by LorenssonDesign&Co.
For more info about the book visit http://upptacka.com/publications/the-wilderness-and-the-desert-of-the-real
Krrb Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).